November 30, 2016, 05:40:25 PM Nexemis
Below are some of the new features for Deloria Online 4.2. There is so much new and I am excited to tell you some of the changes
- 2 Classes to start, Warrior and Mage
- Strength is primary stat for Warriors and Intellect for Mages. 4 Secondary stats still apply (Stamina, Dexterity, Agility and Wisdom). These secondary stats now give different benefits and bonuses.
- Default attack is now a standalone ability all classes get. Default attack now only scales with weapon damage. All abilities use primary and secondary stats for their damage calculators.
- Classes have 4 ability trees to expand through for abilities and spells, this allows a variety of builds. With default attack scaling off weapon damage only, this allows even more builds.
- As you level you gain Training Skills that you can use to raise primary and secondary stats, dispersing them according to your build.
- As you level as well as some main quest lines, you will also be rewarded Ability Points. These Ability Points are used at trainers to learn new abilities and spells.
Besides new class changes, a lot of re-coding has been done throughout the whole game
- New screen size is much bigger
- New questing system
- All new graphics and maps. The world is definitely coming along. As a new player, everyone will start in a starter zone where they will quest and learn the basics of the game as well as unlocking their first few abilities. I have included more of a story-line this time around that will play a part throughout questing and the game.
- Item bound system
- Character statistics and leader boards
- Many new visualizations, special effects and sounds added to a variety of things to the game.
I want to keep a lot of what is in the game a secret so players can experience it as they play, but I will release a few screenshots on the forums real soon. I want to have a pretty smooth starter zone before I release first alpha test. I do not have any time frame of when testing will start, but I am coding on Deloria full-time again so I am getting stuff done quite quickly.
I also want to note that the whole ability system was rewritten. It no longer looks for a target before trying to cast something. It now casts and reacts appropriately. This new re-code makes abilities work much better and I keep adding new options as I go along and add new abilities. Some abilities/spells are instant cast and some have a casting timer/animation. For example, the aoe Fire Wave can hit 3 targets with 1 cast, but has a small cast time. Also, All abilities have PvP in mind. They can be used on both players and Npc. Down the road I would like to add 1-2 pvp battle grounds in and see all these abilities in action. The town arena just won't cut it anymore.
I'll post screenshots soon and post on forums when I need a few testers. Remember to sign-up!